Saturday 24 August 2024

Gecko Galz August 2024 Challenges

 Today is a raining day - which we need desperately - so I played in the scrap hovel!!!  I had a great day doing a number of Gecko Galz challenges which I can't wait to share.  

First up is the monthly steampunk challenge found on the Gecko Galz blog https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/p/gecko-galz-monthly-steampunk-challenge.html

This image is so beautiful I just had to make her the centrepiece of my art journal page. 



Once this was done, I hopped over to the Christmas challenge.  I love Christmas and don't really need an excuse to create with gorgeous Christmas images. https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/p/gecko-galz-monthly-christmas-challenge.html



The next blog challenge for me was the card challenge.  https://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/p/monthly-card-challenge.html
I kept this card simple - focusing on the elegance and vivid colours of the image.


Then it was on to the Facebook challenges - 4 in total that can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/654948344560159

For the make it CAS challenge - I utilized an image fromt the Asian Waters collage sheet to showcase the clean lines of this card. 


Next it was the Inspired by film or song challenge.  From the moment I saw this Asian Waters image the song True Blue popped into my head and inspired this creation.  Blue upon blue to enhance this beauty. 



The third challenge was the Orential Adventure and again I used images from the Asian Waters collage sheet.  This time I created a collage that will be dded to my art journal. 



For the final Facebook challenge - Be Jewelled - I repurposed the cardstock backdrop that held the gems.  A few rub-on and a beautiful image from the Asian Waters collage sheet and presto - Be Jewelled challenge complete.


Before I called it a day, I also complete the Tag Challenge found over on on the Gecko Galz's page. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057506017532

This image is so incredible- I printed two and then cut out the crown and the eyes from the secon image to add dimension to the tag.  I love how this turned out!!!




All in all, 8 challenges completed and a fantastic day creating!!!! Remember to create like crazy and cut with wild abandon!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment.

Dreams Take Flight

  Here are my September - Let your Dreams Take Flight - DT projects. I really utilized a number of collections and had such a blast at how t...